Thursday 26 July 2012

Grand Central {+hiccups)



Sleep-ins feel so good. Jamie and I took our time to get up this morning. We had lunch on our way to Grand Central Terminal. Grand Central Terminal was amazing! Just like on the movies... it is big, classy and open. The artwork and architecture is very impressive. There are approximately 47 restaurants and cafes within the terminal, no shortage of food. We could have admired the space for hours but instead moved on for another look through some shops on 5th Avenue. Jamie and I then moved to Times Square for a squiz in other stores, this is where I bought my watch from Swatch. Without a phone, we need the time from another source. We rested our feet for a little and watched the traffic and people. Not long were we heading back to our hotel to get ready for dinner. As we were about to walk out the door again, we double checked we had everything. Where was my purse? I remember putting it down while we sat but hadn't seen it since. Jamie and I sped to our last destination, asked the stores surrounding and look everywhere but my brown small purse was no where to seen - it was lost. There is proof I have lost money and that I may not see it again but I haven't lost everything.
A very special lady in my life sent me this tonight:
When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something  better.  'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'I know it is a set back at the moment, but take time to stop, clear your head and enjoy what is left of your great adventure.  
The book (A Little Bit of God in Every Day) says: Sometimes life sends us changes we've never contemplated, problems we'd just as soon do without, and inconveniences we'd rather not have to deal with. It can feel as if we are wandering in a barren desert. It's during these 'desert' experiences of our lives that God, in all His faithfulness, opens up His heart...'
This is true! Times like this I have to remember God has a plan. He is teaching me something through this, it may just take time for me to see what that is. I still have at least 2 weeks left of this holiday and I can still enjoy it as much as I  was going to, with the things I have.

Jamie shouted me dinner AND dessert. Plus, we bought some Hersheys {American chocolate} to try. It's not all bad. I'm also thankful for my wonderful family at home, although they are hours away I know they support me. Family are everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment