Friday 20 September 2013

Didn't expect this



What an event filled day!
It was one of those day that God springs on you out of no where.

Woke up before the sun.
Worked an early shift.
Made a hundred pieces of toast, cereal and cold milo's
Arrive home for breakfast.
Put my study boots on in preparation of writing 4,500 words in 32 hours.
Walk out the door and lock it behind me.
Realise my keys are still on the kitchen bench.
I stare at them through the window, hoping they could walk out on their own. No luck.
No money or credit for a bus ride.
Mr J got a wake up call on his one day off.
I have our car in my driveway.
Mr J rides the twenty minutes up hill to rescue me on his bike.
Hello keys!
Three hours of study and a taste of lunch.
Drive Mr J to a meeting.
Begin my drive to uni.
Look down at the heat-o-meter in the red zone.
Steer the car off the road and stop.
Lift the bonnet. Sizzling and steaming.
Ring Dad. Receive great advice.
Message Mr J in his meeting.
Mr J arrives in shining armour once again, thanks to some lovely friends!
Ring RAA.
Study in the car.
RAA arrive.
Need a tow.
Played hangman in the car.
Tow Truck arrives.
Ring Mr J's housemate to pick up us from the mechanics.
Mr J's housemate arrives.
Studied for two hours.
Ate chilli con carne for dinner.
Consumed my first coffee {vanilla flavoured} and enjoyed it.
Consumed a peppermint tea.
Studied some more.
Bed time.

How was your Thursday?


1 comment:

  1. My quote on my desk calender for Thursday read:
    'To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.' (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
    What a great achievement for you on Thursday!
    Your comments about your car made BJ and I remissness about our first two cars that we owned (many stories like yours). Reminded us to be thankful for our modern car.
    XX

    ReplyDelete